Friday, January 26, 2007

ARt Sister Dress 4 Kim


Our artist inspiration for this art sister swap was Lynn Whipple. I have taken a class from Lynn and let me tell you, scratch that, I probably shouldn't tell you, but since I am telling a story I guess I should.
This story starts at ArtFest......like many great art stories....
I was attending my first ArtFest and I saw that Lynn's class made very sweet little canvas houses. (You know how much I love houses, right?)
It was then that I decided, that Lynn was an artist /teacher I would have to take a class from. Fast forward to my second year at ArtFest and I did just that. I signed up for a class with Lynn Whipple, but it wasn't the house! This class was about dresses made from copper and paper......at the time that didn't really interest me.....making dresses......I wanted the houses! Well, I got my house!! We had our class in a little house, with 8 of us together for the day.....making art and talking......it was unlike any class I've ever been in. It was like being home!
I loved being in that class and I LOVE making dresses!!!
Thank you LynnWhipple! (And Teesha 2!)

No comments:

open heart

  Finding love.......