Saturday, January 27, 2007

Life, Love and Destiny















Last year at ArtFest, I had the pleasure of taking a wonderful class from artist Laurie Mika. She taught and inspired us to create our own personal shrines with painted tiles and special treasures. Lucky for me, Laurie is super friendly and lives in So. Cal. She has encouraged me in my art journey and we share what we love: life & ART!!! Here is the beautiful little pocket shrine she just sent me and the reliquary she honored me with at Christmas. Thank you Laurie,
your spirit is golden and I cherish you,
dear art sister! xoxo

2 comments:

Shona Cole said...

I just love the art community! I love to hear about people who meet and become art buddies. In fact, I just mailed Jenny Doh an article to go with a piece all about the great collage community and in it I mention that I met you at the True Colors event!

That top piece is AWESOME.

tricia stirling said...

hi lisa,
so i am brand new to this fabulous world of blogging, but i have been a subscriber to somerset since the flights of fancy issue and your work totally jumped out at me as just so lovely and unique! so i am writing you a long overdue fan letter, and plan to visit your gorgeous blog often. thank you!!

open heart

  Finding love.......