Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sew What?!

On Friday, while I was at Somerset Studio dropping off some art, editor Jenny Doh shared with me some exciting news about Somerset Studio's brand new special publication titled "Sew Somerset - The Art of Creative Sewing & Mixed Media". This brand new publication will feature innovative and imaginative art projects that incorporate sewing. This is so wonderful, because I do love to sew!! Inspired to create a paper quilt using adopted family photos along with fabric scraps and all sorts of sweet little embellishments, here is my first square. What do you think, are you as excited as me??!

4 comments:

Shona Cole said...

Gotta love Somerset - they are always coming up with great ideas. I have just finished 2 pieces for the Altered Couture special publication. It really stretched me to do something new and I am pretty darn pleased with what I did. I will definately want to try something for this new one, I have always wanted to sew in art but have just never gotten the machine out. I should.
Hope you have a wonderful art year. I will be right here checking on you :)

Anonymous said...

I'm as excited as you & love your square! I sent them something too : )

Anonymous said...

Actually, Vintage Collage and Quilts is being modest...
she has been chosen to have a feature in that very publication!!
That will be one to look forward to!

CreativeLiving said...

This publication is going to be SEW sweet! I know I want to encourage everyone to create and submit!!! Congrats & Thanks - 2 Vintage Collage & Quilts!!
Shona, you GO girl - this is your sign! And CGS - you ARE the gingerbread lady!!! Cheers, Lisa

open heart

  Finding love.......