Monday, January 15, 2007

She waits for You

Have you ever tried using sand paper or those big block nail files to distress your stickers and clip art? I love this super quick way to get a worn vintage look. Start from the outside and work around and in or just sand random spots until you get the look you desire. I keep a bunch of different grit sand paper scraps and nail files in a water case box. This is also where I do most of my sanding. Try it and have fun creating your own vintage designs.

5 comments:

skinnylittleblonde said...

This is soooo pretty.

Anonymous said...

that's such a great idea lisa!
i use emery boards, but i like this better. nice result.
i have a boat load of wall paper
on the way to you, art friend!
it was "gifted' to me today!!
more than i can use in a lifetime.
yipeee...still in awe of this
kindness.
-cgs

CreativeLiving said...

Thank you! There is something so sweet about a simple worn photo and some stitches!! Cheers, Lisa

Shona Cole said...

I just love this idea. thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love the look of that technique! Thanks for the tip!...And I want to tell you I found your blog tonight after picking up the latest copy of Somerset Studio magazine. I can hardly wait to read through the article of yours in there! The paper dolls you feature are beautiful!!!Such great details!

open heart

  Finding love.......